Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ahhh, recovery...

Oh, how I love coffee...
This week has been one for the books. At work I've been catching up on things that have been pushed back due to me being, well, ill. (Truth be told, I actually set up this blog when I was sick. There is only so much work from home that can be done!) In addition to my, well, pretty busy work this week I also happened to have a company meeting that was on a boat on Tuesday. That I might have drank at. And then might have had to deal with some family issues. To top it off, Thursday was my hubby's big interview. We should hear back from the company next week. Fingers crossed! In addition to all this hectic insanity, I finally received word this week that I do not have cancer. Which is beyond a relief. Like I said, a crazy week. But my favorite part of any week is the weekend. Or what I want to call, my recovery days.
Time for a nap!

For me, the weekend is vital for my survival. But this weekend arrived just in time, it feels like. Today consisted of laying around in bed and waiting for the desire to get out of bed. It didn't arrive until about 11:00 when James, my husband, and I finally rolled out of bed. We headed to one of my favorite restaurants, Torreros, and contemplated the day. On recovery days it is vital to do exactly what one wants and nothing more. So we stopped by Best Buy, which I haven't been in for at least three years, wandering around and then went home. Then it was nap time. Glorious, wonderful nap time.
I think heaven looks like this.

I don't know if it's just me, but naps are something that I love to do. I don't think my husband loves them as much as I do, but during weekends, I love curling up in bed and just drifting off to sleep. When I wake up, I feel amazing. Probably due to the fourteen plus hours I've slept in the last 24. But I just love naps.

After we eat dinner with our family, I think I may even give my self a spa evening. According to my husband, it's a time where I lock myself in the bathroom and come out smelling pretty...I can live with that.

The most important thing I've learned from these weekends, though, is that taking time to relax and really just take a moment out for yourself is so important for your sanity. Or what sanity you may have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...