Saturday, November 19, 2011

Getting my fitness on!

My life has been a whirlwind since I married my husband. Graduating college, moving in with my in-laws, receiving an awesome job, best friend getting ready to have her first child, husband struggling to find a job, economy taking a royal beating. It's been stressful, to say the least. And since I got married I have gained about...well, far too much for me to be comfortable with. But today, after stepping on the scale, I made a vow that I'm going to try to keep. I'm going to lose the weight.

Maybe it's my vanity that makes me want to lose the weight so I can attempt to be what society sees as beautiful. Maybe it's the fact that struggling to breathe because of asthma that wasn't there prior to the weight is starting to get to me. Maybe it's my desire to never have a freak out that sounds like omgimsofathowdigetthiswayihatemyselfnothingfits. More than likely, it's an accumulation of all of these things. No matter what, though, it ends here.

As many of my friends and Facebook friends know, my major in college was in accounting, which requred a large amount of business classes. In laymans terms, I'm a planner. So, below is a management plan for my weight loss. My management professor would be insanely proud, I'm sure.

Mission Statement: To become healthier through daily exercise and losing forty-two pounds, thus returning to a pre-wedding weight.
  1. Maintain a daily exercise regimen
    1. Wake up at 4:45 in the morning on Mondays through Thursdays for one hour exercise sessions at the gym
    2. Either Fridays or Saturday require the gym, but one must be a rest day
    3. Yoga sessions on Sundays
    4. Train to start running long distances to help build up strength with lungs
  2. Maintain a healthy diet
    1. No. More. Fast. Food. (Everyone should now sell their stock in McDonalds and Jack in the Box)
    2. At Starbucks, one of my greatest weaknesses due to me being a Seattlite, nothing with milk. Straight coffe and tea are okay.
    3. Introduce more fruits and veggies as snacks
    4. Eat a healthy, hearty breakfast each morning
  3. Stay on top of plan
    1. Work with husband, as he's going to be trying to lose weight too
    2. Monitor food consumption and exercise daily
    3. Report to this blog every Sunday regarding the progress of the plan
This will take me at least six months to accomplish, but with determination and hard work my husband and I can make it work.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...