Monday, April 23, 2012

Brittany! Where have you been?!

Again, let me apologize and completely blame my absence on my husband. It's not his fault at all, but it's nice to blame someone. Where in the world have I been? Well, all over Washington state, to be honest. Let's start from the beginning
St. James's Cathedral on a beautiful Seattle day
In my last post I mentioned that my husband had a job. He actually ended up with a contract to do the job for a short time and they decided not to renew his contract. Obviously this was really sad because it meant that we were looking at a longer stay with my in-laws. As hard as it was on me it was even harder on my husband, but I'll refrain from discussing that on here. Due to the hardships we've had and the difficulty my husband has had at finding a job, my husband has decided to go to a local college and get his Associate's in Nursing. He's really excited to be heading back to school in the Fall and, honestly, it's hard to hide my excitement too. It will be really nice to see him happy and fulfilled.
Hurricane Ridge (Alt. 5242 ft)
But to make him feel better about the whole job thing (who wouldn't be bummed out), I planned a weekend trip in one of his favorite places: Olympic National Forest. A cabin, which was right next to the line with the forest, was rented from a very sweet and lovely couple. On Friday we drove out to the cabin, checked-in and relaxed. A full evening of food, reading, talking and relaxing was already starting to completely relax me. Saturday the three of us, Sasha (our puppy), my husband and myself set ouf for the hour or so drive to Port Angeles. My husband really wanted to show me Hurricane Ridge so we went into the forest and drove up the windy mountain road to the top of Hurricane Ridge. And it was gorgeous. Once you got past the huge snow pack around us. It was an amazing place to be, though. Sasha, of course, didn't really care for it. Although she did eat some snow. After that we decided to get back to sea level so we drove from the mountains to the ocean.
Cutest little swimmer ever! 
Port Angeles, if you get a chance to go, is a really cute town. If we'd had the capabilities (aka not have a dog) and the time to explore the city more would be amazing, but we had fun with the places we could go. Which just happened to be the beach with a dog that loves to swim. She. Loved. It. My husband would throw the sticks in the water, she'd go after it and bring it back. She was having the greatest time of her life. Playing in the water, splashing around, enjoying the sunshine. All in all, Port Angeles was wonderful. We had a lot of fun, but Sasha had so much more. After we were done playing, we drove back to the cabin for another evening of sublime relaxation and preparing for the next day's drive back to the Seattle area. The weekend was amazingly relaxing and it was extremely difficult to come back to the house and head to work on Monday. But by Wednesday we'd had a bit of a surprise. Sasha had somehow managed to get a tick. Thankfully it was just one and we got it out, but it scared us a little (pssh. A lot.). Poor Sasha had to have a bath an then get this stuff she didn't really care for on her back. And my amazing husband cleaned the bedroom to make sure that no one was going to get a tick if they were in the room. Thankfully, we haven't seen another tick and the one that she did have was extremely tiny. 
Oh hai there Juno, you little cutie!
So this last weekend, after a full week of work after a relaxing weekend, we did something very not relaxing. We got another dog. We drove almost three hours from Seattle to Wenatchee with Sasha in the car, picked up Juno, our new puppy, and then drove back to Seattle with both dogs. I was so happy to be back at our house on Saturday. Sunday, though, was spent with her meeting our families, getting to know Sasha, building a crate, rearranging our room entirely and settling into having a new member of our family. Last night was the first night of crate training and little Juno was not a fan. She had to get up twice and cried for awhile after she was first put in the crate. She will get better at it, though. I believe in her. 
Last post I mentioned that my husband and I are starting a business. That's still true. We had to hold off, though, because the computer that had everything business related on it nearly died. And right now the hardrive in that computer is barely limping along. My husband and I are picking out a new computer for me once payday comes along. Once we have the new computer I will be able to finish working on the website and get it up (finally). 
It's been a tough month, but I know that anything is possible when you have family that loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...